November 1, 2014

Trick or Treat (Book Character Style)

Book Character Costumes - Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh, Pippi Longstocking, Angelina Ballerina, and Madeline Trick-or-Treating for Halloween.


I guess I just got in the habit of posting a book picture every day -- it felt weird this morning not to! So I figured I'd share one last picture - of us trick or treating last night.

I was Pippi Longstocking (pretty much everyone adult knew who I was, but very few kids, which seems sad). Eleanor was Angelina Ballerina, and everyone kept saying "Oh what a pretty ballerina!" and she'd say, "I'm ANGELINA Ballerina." And Juliet only wore her Madeline hat for about 12 seconds, and then took it off, so then in spite of the dress, her baldness meant that people kept saying, "And who is he?" 

Ah well, we had lots of fun -- since we were also joined by our friends Pooh Bear and Christopher Robin! We made quite a nice bookish set walking around the neighborhood together. (My only complaint was that since this is Arizona, I got all sweaty due to the Pippi-ish knee socks...)

What did YOU dress up as?